The Maintenance Tech is responsible for mechanical equipment and machinery ensuring limited production downtime whenever possible. In addition, the Maintenance Tech diagnoses machinery components and determines if and when adjustments or repairs are required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Marginal Job Functions:
- Responsible for and able to identify severity of a repair and determine if immediate fix or work order is needed.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot equipment problems during production and repair as needed. After repair is completed, check repaired item for proper operation.
- Ensure that production equipment is maintained in a safe and secure manner.
- Repair of all production equipment on assigned shift.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance on all equipment in accordance with written procedures.
- Estimate time and extent of repairs.
- Promote teamwork by demonstrating a spirit of collaboration and cooperation on projects with other shifts and departments striving to meet objectives.
- Respond timely to urgent issues causing production downtime, reductions in production efficiency or causing a safety concern.
- Complete projects/priorities according to schedule, as assigned.
- Ensure that all production machinery and equipment is performing safely and correctly, with as it was designed and intended to be used.
- Proactively address unsafe conditions, eliminating the potential for the similar situation to occur again.
- Support Engineering, Tool Room, Machine Technicians, and Team Leaders as needed.
- Accurate and timely completion of Maintenance Incident Reports.
- Responsible for coordinating off hour emergencies or concerns including Maintenance issues and security calls (security situations, fire suppression equipment, and fire calls).
Minimum Level of Education/Training Required:
1 – 5 years in manufacturing maintenance role.
Minimum Experience Required:
- Responsible for proper disposition of Blood Borne Pathogens, according to training as the need arises.
- Delivery and pick-up of parts and or production as needed.
- Other job duties as assigned.
License or Certificate Required:
Forklift driver certificate (Hampel provides on-site training).
Bloodborne pathogen certified.
- Proven experience in troubleshooting/repairs of production equipment including: pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical, and mechanical systems.
- Ability to operate, inspect, and repair air and electric power hand tools.
- Ability to perform preventative maintenance tasks on industrial machinery (grease, inspect, oil, tighten, etc. various components including bearings, chains, belts, filters, and etc.).
- Basic blueprint reading including understanding tolerances.
- Basic plumbing skills (sweat copper pipe and fittings, cut/thread steel pipe and fittings, cut/glue PVC pipe and fittings).
- Basic electrical skills (install and troubleshoot single phase and three phase distribution circuits).
- Basic understanding in Machining and fabrication (be able to use drill presses, grinders, milling machinery and lathes, etc.)
- Ability to weld steel and aluminum.
- Ability to fabricate components from written and verbal instruction.
- Ability to troubleshoot industrial machinery first at a basic level than an advance level.
- Ability to calibrate CNC trimming equipment.