The Analytical Chemist I is accountable for driving results in a fast-paced environment by performing analytical routine and non-routine testing in support of active pharmaceutical ingredients development or pharmaceutical manufacturing. This position may also be required to work on method development/method validation projects. Typical types of testing include: assays (potencies, related substances, residual solvents, metals etc.), moisture content, identification, and various other wet chemistry based measurements. HPLC and/or GC based methodologies are commonly employed in the described testing. Other key methodologies applied include: titrations, UV, DSC, TGA, IR. Test methods employed may be compendial (i.e. USP, EP) or proprietary (client supplied or developed by Sterling). The Analytical Chemist I must have the ability to efficiently organize the routine work with minimum supervision and to properly evaluate and interpret generated data is required. Hours for this position are 6 pm - 6:30 am.
- Responsible for analysis of test articles by HPLC, GC, GC/MS and other method. Must be proficient with HPLC.
- Performs routine sample processing for required analytical methods.
- Performs maintenance of analytical instruments.
- Develops new methods as required support programs
- Performs critical interpretation of analytical data
- Maintains an accurate notebook and write SOP’s and reports as needed.
- Possesses excellent communication and problem solving skills and the ability to work independently in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Ensures timely completion and compliance with cGMP and all other relevant company training requirements.
- Associates Degree in Chemistry or related field with 2-3 years of experience in an API GMP manufacturing facility, OR
- Bachelors Degree in chemistry or related field with 0-2 years of experience in an API GMP manufacturing facility.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals technical procedures and governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to perform complex math functions, compute ratios, rates, and percentages.
- Ability to draw and interpret graphs and charts.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Proficient in knowledge of computers and software products (Microsoft Office).
- Applies job skills, company policies and SOPs to complete a variety of tasks.
- Receives minimal instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
We also require candidates to be competent with IT systems, and in particular Microsoft Office including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
Sterling Pharma Solutions is an equal opportunity employer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $24.00 - $27.00 per hour