The Maintenance Engineering Technician is accountable for driving results in a fast-paced environment by investigating, documenting and presenting solutions to internal issues. Ability to develop written procedures that meet industry standards. The ideal candidate will possess strong technical writing skills, the ability to perform investigations to find root cause of and generate actions to remediate repetitive failures or improve equipment or process performance. The Maintenance Engineering Technician will take the lead on some small to medium-scale projects. Project types include to improve computer-based systems, equipment refurbishment or upgrades, and other facility-related improvements. Project management experience is a preferred.
- Prepares technical reports with recommendations for solutions to technical equipment and process related problems.
- Writes Out-Of-Tolerance (OOT’s) investigations.
- Manages small to medium scale engineering projects to improve computer-based systems, equipment refurbishment or upgrades, and other facility-related improvements.
- Provides project status reports to various levels of management.
- Plans, schedules and performs own work based upon assignments and priorities received; respond timely to on-demand assignments as they arise.
- Collaborates with equipment users, engineers and technicians to accomplish individual and department tasks and goals.
- Interfaces and communicates effectively with direct Supervisors/ Management, various levels of personnel within the company and with external manufacturers/suppliers/service vendors.
- Utilizes learned knowledge, experience and skills to solve problems and execute objectives for self and other co-workers.
- Reads, writes and follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Maintains a safe, clean and organized work environment free of safety hazards.
- Ensures timely completion and compliance with cGMP and all other relevant company training requirements.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in an applicable engineering discipline (chemical, mechanical or electrical)
- 1+ year of experience working in a GMP environment preferred
- Excellent understanding of circuits, components, analytical equipment and instrumentation for laboratories.
- Excellent mechanical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Applies job skills, company policies and SOPs to complete a variety of tasks.
- Receives minimal instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
We also require candidates to be competent with IT systems, and in particular Microsoft Office including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
Sterling Pharma Solutions is an equal opportunity employer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $25.00 per hour